Sunday, October 28, 2018

Zomtober 2018, Week 4


Ahh, the final week of Zomtober!  I may not have made all the progress I wanted, but I did get my last walkers done, bringing the total to 14.
Three more Walkers
The Walking Dead zombies have been fun to paint.  They have great poses and a lot of character each.  Compared to Zombicide or Wargames Factory zombies, they have good detail and a good mix of poses.
Zomtober Horde
So I managed to get all my walkers completed, twelve from the box set and two bonus zombies.  There are only two repeat poses, which is good, not that repetition is bad.
Looks like Dawn could use some help.
"Walkers."  The gravely voice with a southern drawl said from behind.  "Looks like a herd.  Could you use some help?"
Dawn turned to see a ragged man, still dressed as a county sheriff.  "Never heard zombies called that."  She replied.
"Zombies."  He stretched the word out.  "Never heard that."
Dawn meets Rick Grimes
I did manage to get Rick Grimes painted from the All Out War set.  I went with a tan and brown sheriff outfit.  I drew inspiration from the TV show, even though I know the miniature is based on the comic.  I am pretty happy with how he turned out.  I didn't do much for the base, just added a torn up newspaper that headlines "The Dead Walk".
Rick in front of the walker herd
Rick Grimes, All Out War
I started the other survivors, but they are not quite done.  Once they are complete, I'll get pictures up.  With some luck they won't take long.
This week's painting
I hope everyone had a great Zomtober!

8 comments:

  1. Excellent work! Impressively gory lot of zombies and great looking survivors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on your final additions as well as your whole Zomtober. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on all your walkers. Rick looks great in this scheme. My Studio one is in similar colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost like watching the TV series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most impressive! Great work on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, the walkers and Rick look very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fitting end to this Zomtober! Looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's progress, don't knock it!

    If Dawn and Rick Grimes are together on this then I don't think the zombies have a chance.

    ReplyDelete