Sunday, April 12, 2015

Valar Morghulis

Just a quick update, a new batrep is on the way, but with Game of Thrones returning tonight, it will be delayed.  I "had" to binge watch season 4 to get ready for the new season.

woot

I am a bigger fan of the books than the TV show, but I think they have done a really excellent job interpreting them for TV.  I realize they have gone 'off the rail' and started moving away from the books already, but I expect we will see even more departure this season.  Regardless, the story is moving towards some sort of conclusion.  I'm curious to see what the differences will be between the books (whenever we finally get them) and the next couple of seasons of the show.

The barricade scenario became much longer and larger than I expected and is taking longer to write up as well.  It will hopefully be worth the wait.

2 comments:

  1. New batrep coming? Excellent!

    As for GoT, I must be just about the only person on the planet who hasn't seen anything of the TV show. I'm up to book 4 or so and enjoying those, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, I promise!

      Like so many other stories, the books are a much deeper and IMHO, better telling. I like the TV show for what it is, a fun TV show that is based on the books.

      Delete